Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Nutrition: Per serving
395 Kcal Fat
This classic Spanish omelette filled with sauteed potatoes, red pepper and onion makes a delicious light vegetarian lunch for two.
- 450g potatoes peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- ½ red pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- ½ tbsp grated Parmesan
- Black pepper
- Cook the potato slices in a pan of boiling water until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, cook the onion and pepper in a frying pan with the oil until softened.
- Add the potatoes and gently combine.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, add the parsley, parmesan and black pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into the frying pan and allow the bottom of the egg mixture to set – about 3 minutes.
- Finish by cooking under a hot grill taking care not to burn the omelette - another 3 minutes.
- Serve with a sliced tomato salad.