Daily Mail exposes "crackpot conspiracy theories" of the statin deniers
"They say the real side effects of statins are being hushed up, and there is a conspiracy between pharmaceutical companies, heart charities, doctors, our most respected universities and the researchers who work in them, to silence them, cover up ‘the truth’ and ensure as many people as possible take the medication to boost profits. None of it is right." says The Daily Mail.
Health Secretary Matt Hancock is quoted voicing his concern about the ‘pernicious lies’ being circulated and added: ‘Statins play a huge role in keeping people at risk of cardiovascular disease healthy. Risking people’s health by spreading reckless and ignorant misinformation claiming otherwise is completely unjustifiable.’
- Loch Duart renews partnership with HEART UK to promote a healthy lifestyle and diet
- Closing the Cholesterol Gap
- HEART UK ‘Cardiovascular Health’ with Media Planet
- AAC publishes updated clinical pathway for lipid management
- November Cereal Competition Winners
- NHS approves ground-breaking cholesterol-lowering medicine
- New child screening service to identify youngsters at risk of early heart disease
- HEART UK partners with Loch Duart
- Jules Payne, CEO, talks about how HEART UK will shape the future for people with high cholesterol
- Wishing you a Heart-healthy Ramadan!